At Education Advice Line Ltd (EAL), we recognise the need to develop knowledge and improve skills to keep up with change. The aim of EAL is to promote work-force training by establishing high standards of performance and conduct by its consultants, promoting practical based knowledge and promoting practical skills. We are not a legal body. Our consultants will provide a needs based consultancy service to your organisation according to the requirements of the organisation and individual acumen.
At EAL our consultants will provide balanced, needs-based advice. They will maintain a high standard of personal conduct, exercise independence of thought and action whilst seeking to improve knowledge and skills in your organisation, required to manage individual professional performance.
When seeking or accepting professional engagements, EAL and its members will seek or accept only those engagements for which s/he has suitable knowledge and experience. They will ensure that her/his resources are sufficient to carry out the assignment, define clearly, and confirm in writing, the terms and conditions of the assignment or service, including the scope, nature and period of the service to be provided, the allocation of responsibilities, the basis for remuneration, negotiate agreements and charges for professional services in an ethical way.
When undertaking a professional engagement, our consultants will safeguard the position of their client by regarding the client’s requirements and interests as paramount, subject to any overriding legal constraint or ethical consideration:
1. Sub-contracting work only with the prior agreement of EAL
2. Keep strictly confidential all information concerning the affairs of a client and EAL unless the client has released the information for public use or has given specific permission for its disclosure
3. Ensuring that, as appropriate, all programmes and advice have been discussed with the client and EAL in good time before they are finalised
4. Exercising good management through careful planning, regular progress reviews, and effective controls
5. Taking responsibility for the quality of any work undertaken by her/himself or any sub-contractors
6. Declaring any personal interest that may exist in any work
7. Discuss and agree with the client any significant changes in the objectives, scope or anticipated benefits of the assignment which might arise during its course.
During the course of an assignment/ project a consultant of EAL shall maintain their own professional independence by:
8. Avoiding any action which might be seen to compromise their integrity
9. Ensuring that advice and recommendations are based on impartial consideration of all pertinent facts, circumstances and opinions developed from reliable and relevant sources
10. Declaring at the first possible opportunity any personal, financial or business relationship or interest which might be thought to influence her/his judgement of objectivity, and withdrawing from any assignment when her/his judgement of objectivity is or might be compromised
11. Having a proper regard for the professional/legal obligations of those with whom (s)he is working
12. Initiating or accepting a joint assignment with another consultant only if s/he is satisfied that the assignment will be carried out in accordance with the principles of this Code
13. Acknowledging the source of any published or other research material used in her/his work.
During the course of an assignment or project a consultant of EAL:
14. Shall not accept inducements to show favour
15. Shall only recommend the need for additional consultancy if, following discussion of the options, the client considers that there are no effective alternative strategies to meet their needs
16. Shall not use without permission, copyright material or proprietary data or material, to which s/he is not entitled.
Our consultants undertake to take steps to maintain and enhance the quality of their work by ensuring:
17. Appropriate professional knowledge and the ability to make sound and independent judgements based on that knowledge
18. Appropriate strategies for ensuring her/his professional development and for keeping well informed of current issues
19. They have the specific skills needed for any assignment undertaken in the following areas:
providing initial advice to our service users
estimating the scale of a proposed assignment
planning and managing a project
data collection and analysis
designing and delivering training programmes
report writing and other forms of written communication
20. Respond to any complaint from a client concerning compliance with this Code and co-operate with the company’s officer in charge in the investigation of any complaint made to the company.
We look forward to sharing Our Mission and working with you to develop increasingly informed team players at the heart of every successful organisation.